Wednesday 26 February 2014

#31


This is actually my first "real" vintage dress. I bought it from an old friend cause she had grown tired of it. I remember I just loved the color, and the fabric. For me it was one of the most exclusive pieces of clothes I had ever owned. I think this was back in 2007 or 2008, not really sure.
This dress was one of the turning points in my style and wardrobe. Soon after I realized how the fabric in vintage clothes have a very different feel and quality, and how I could never live without that feel. 
This dress has some kind of wool feel, or rather a heavy linen texture. And the color is just amazing. The style is very late 1950s or early 1960s. You can see it on the very simple round collar, and the length of the dress. I just love the simplicity of the late 1950s/early 1960s. And this dress is the perfect example.


Even though the color of the dress is amazing, tt's quite hard to find jewelry that can be complementary. So I used the leaf-shaped brooch my auntie gave me last time she was here, cause I though the green color would stick out when matched with the very hot color of the dress. And I was right. 


The hair was braided and messy, I didn't have time to make it neat today, but I used a pretty comb to keep everything in place. I think this is the first time I use this comb, even though I've had et for years.

No comments: